Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Medicine, Y U No Work?

     If you're one of the precious few followers of this blog (and bless your bones for that,) then you know I have Lyme Disease.  Or "The Lymes," as I like to call it.  I was just diagnosed a couple of months ago, even though there's no telling how long I've had it.  So, I've been taking my medicine like a good little patient, but it's not working!  I had a brief period of respite for one day last week, but that may have just been a placebo effect.  I'm now done with my three week course of antibiotics, and I still feel craptastic.  And this makes me the crankiest of pandas.  I've got an appointment with a rheumatologist Monday, so maybe something else can be done.  But for right now, I think I will just throw myself a pity party.  Does anyone have any cheese that I can have with my whine?

Medic mommy down! 

11 comments:

  1. Hope the antibiotics kick in. I had something similar to Lyme disease about 25 years ago, but was never diagnosed. All same symptoms of Lyme disease for months. It was awful. I finally got the right antibiotics and steroids and it went away. Never knew what it was or what caused it. It was BAD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's pretty unpleasant! I hope I get the meds I need, and this junk can be gone!

      Delete
  2. Lemon disease is much better. Why didn't you get that one instead?
    Har! Har! Har!
    I hope your rheumatologist can help you out. I also hope that this isn't something chronic. We'd need a Costco amount of cheese to go with that whine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! If life had just handed me lemon disease, at least then I could have made a refreshing beverage! Wait...limes = tequila. Maybe this isn't such a bad rap after all.

      Delete
  3. I have something familiar with Lyme disease for a couple of yesrs. Lukily, I have got a right medicine and I feel great now. I hope your rheumatologist can fix you and don't worry. It is not fatal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's a cheesey deal getting lyme disease.
    sorry that was lame.
    I hope that they can find something that works for you.
    In other related news...
    A guy that my husband works with has a tick that burrowed under his skin. They have to leave it there until it makes its way out. How sick is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you feel better soon. Hang in there. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, that totally sucks (sorry, should've warned you about the impending understatement). Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete